After one year in the making, Optic Nerve Eyewear reveals a new brand identity with a refreshed logo and tagline that aligns with the launch of eight new products to further elevate the brand’s sustainable offerings. Launched in 1981, this Colorado-based company emphasizes people over profits and has been well-respected in the industry for more than 40 years due to its excruciating thoughtfulness around features and innovation. With their new rally cry — “Always Worth It” – they are hoping to pass on to others that getting outside is always worth it.
Optic Nerve is made for the outdoor-inspired and driven by the personal passions of its owners and employees. With a mission “to improve the world around us by making it easier for people to experience and enjoy all the things they love to do in the great outdoors,” the brand is committed to ensuring nothing stands in the way of their customers’ next adventure.
“For the last four decades, Optic Nerve has delivered quality eyewear for the outdoor-inspired and we aim to keep it that way,” Bill Cotton said, Optic Nerve president and co-owner. “We want the Optic Nerve brand to authentically embody the spirit of who we are beyond our products. We have a unique style, flavor and flare and this refresh more accurately captures what’s most important by being a true reflection of our beliefs as a brand and the needs of our customers.”
As a bold step with this overall new direction, Optic Nerve also decided to consolidate all product lines under a single master brand and has retired the ONE Polarized® brand. All products will now be presented in a more meaningful way to strengthen the core brand. This will be a rolling change to sunset the ONE Polarized brand and changeover the new branding and merchandise throughout 2023 and into early 2024.
To align with the timing of this launch announcement, Optic Nerve has several new products made from different eco-friendly materials and methods that will pioneer the new brand identity including:
- Castor Bean Oil-Derived Materials (G850) frame construction:
- FixieLUX: A striking new platform in the Fixie Series designed for performance sports/athletes, FixieLUX features an innovative frame and temple design that features a new ratchet-adjustable nose piece to provide unparalleled security and comfort. This lens is strongly curved, allowing for close protection of the eyes and face. | $79. COMING SOON
- FixieSTEALTH: Combining the best features in the Fixie Series, the FixieSTEALTH offers an amazing field of view, an aggressive performance-inspired design and durable construction including an innovative ratchet-adjustable nose piece for a precise fit. | $79. COMING SOON
- FixiePHENOM: Built to go above and beyond, the FixiePHENOM provides a wide field of view, incredible visual precision and a full lens wrapper for rock-solid sturdiness. These frames not only look and feel great, but they’ll also reset the bar for performance eyewear. | $99. COMING SOON
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified Wood frame construction:
- Hedge: Timeless shape and beautiful wood materials come together in this eye-catching new addition to the wood collection – coming in a light and dark bamboo tone with polarized lenses. | $59.99.
- Global Recycling Standard (GRS) Certified Plastic frame construction:
- Gracie: One of the must-have accessories for summer 2023, the Gracie lifestyle sunglass style has a distinctive frame shape and three different color options with polarized lenses to complement a fashion-forward style. | $39.99.
- Cyphon: A workhorse frame with features designed for life outside, the Cyphon comes in subtle but striking colorways with anti-slip rubberized temples and polarized lenses to keep eyes protected. | $39.99.
- Biggerton: Designed with movement in mind, the Biggerton is designed to accommodate larger face shapes and features anti-slip rubber on the nose and temple to keep the frames secure during any outdoor adventure as well as polarized lenses. | $39.99.
- Retainers Cords: Lost sunglasses should be a thing of the past! This new collection of eyewear retainers helps keep sunglasses where they belong. With material options including cord, cotton, neoprene and even buoyed, these retainers are ready for any adventure and come in eight different styles and various colors to complement any style. | $9.99 – $10.99.
These new products, and all products moving forward, will reflect Optic Nerve’s commitment to sustainability as they are made from plant-based materials and come in new biodegradable packaging. Like the Gracie, Cyphon and Biggerton mentioned above, all current products priced at $29 or $39 will be made from GRS materials by the end of 2023. Optic Nerve will be one of the only players in the industry to provide this commitment to sustainability for the price. As an additional commitment to sustainability, Optic Nerve’s warehouse distribution center and office, just outside of Denver, is powered by solar and wind energy so customers can feel inspired by not only the products themselves but what they represent.
For more information about Optic Nerve and to see more of their new brand, visit www.opticnerve.com.
About Optic Nerve
Independently owned and proudly headquartered in Colorado since 1981, Optic Nerve Eyewear exists to create a clearer view of what matters, producing purposeful eyewear for the outdoor-inspired. Headquartered in one of the most physically active states in the U.S., Optic Nerve knows what it’s like to go the extra mile and dedicates excruciating thoughtfulness around features and innovation to make sure nothing stands in the way of creating products with a little extra flare and more value, all with a steadfast commitment to sustainability and quality backed by a lifetime warranty. To learn more, visit www.opticnerve.com.