The outdoor industry is collaborating to lead on climate action through the Climate Action Corps. Companies that join commit to measure, plan and reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and share their progress annually. Together we are a force for climate action.
Download the Field Guide below to learn more about the Climate Action Corps program, benefits, cost and what to expect when you join.
Committed Climate Action Corps Members
June Update: COVID-19 and the Climate Action Corps
Dear Climate Action Corps members + prospective members,
To date, more than 70 outdoor industry companies have joined the Climate Action Corps and new companies are joining each week. You joined (or are considering joining) the Climate Action Corps because you believe that climate change poses an existential threat to the outdoors, our communities and to our industry. You share the vision that a world where our operations and supply chains are as energy efficient as possible; powered by clean, renewable energy; using low-carbon materials and processes; and driven by circular business models will ensure that our natural playgrounds and our businesses thrive for generations.
We’re here for you when you and your teams are ready to pick back up on the critical work of climate action. Below are some of the steps we are taking to help you continue to participate in the Climate Action Corps at a pace that works best for you and your organization.
Join us at any time.
- You can become a Founding Member throughout the month of June, or you can join as a Member at any time. Join at this link.*
- As a reminder, if you were already an SWG member, your Climate Action Corps dues can simply roll over. Just let us know by completing this 1-minute form.
- Contact us if you have questions or if you are in need of more flexible payment terms at email@example.com.
Start when you can.
- All resources are available now and can be accessed anytime on our online community – including Part 1 of the Guidebook, with Part 2 being released in July.
- Trainings are reflected on this updated calendar through August. Print it out and keep it handy! All trainings are recorded, and members have access to recordings and slides on the online community.
Let’s stay together.
- At a time when we must stay physically apart, collaboration is more important than ever. Our recently-launched online community is our virtual hangout and connection space – with resources, recorded webinar trainings, short videos, discussions and the ability for you to connect with us and each other directly.
Our vision, Positive Impact for People + Planet is the New Business as Usual, feels more relevant than ever. Let’s embrace this opportunity to build resilience and to reinvent our businesses and our industry for the better.
Senior Director, Sustainable Business Innovation
*Note: “Supporting Organizations” – those that are not retailers, brands, manufacturers or packaging/logistics companies, but whose services are critical for helping the value chain reduce GHG emissions – can expect to hear from us soon on how to join and what to expect.
Please fill out this form to begin downloading.
This file is not optimized for mobile. Your download will also be in your inbox to reference later.