An immersive leadership experience for the next generation of outdoor industry ambassadors and game-changers.
The Future Leadership Academy is a six-month program to prepare, unite and amplify the voice of future outdoor industry leaders. The academy will help prepare 32 outstanding and committed individuals to assume industry leadership positions in the years ahead. These individuals will receive personal and professional development opportunities that include education about important outdoor industry issues, leadership training and mentoring from industry veterans.
Benefits to Academy Participants
- Amazing community and connection with industry sages and emerging leaders
- Learn about the industry via cross-functional perspective
- Develop important leadership and character attributes
- Build a more robust resume
- Have a unique and exclusive career-building experience
Excellent Leadership Training from Inside and Outside the Outdoor Industry
Facilitation and Conflict Resolution Training
Focus on Personal Core Values, Mindfulness and Character Development
Supply Chain Responsibility: People, Planet and Product
Supply Chain Management Overview
Innovation: Systems and Product Design
Advocacy Reporting and Storytelling
Recreation and Conservation Laws and Advocacy 101
Recreation of the Future
Business and Legacy of Recreation
Market and Consumer Insights Research
Today’s and Tomorrow’s Outdoor Consumer
Research Tactics to Solve Business Problems
Practical Applications to Strengthen Business Strategy
As part of the program, industry sages will serve as cohort Guides to the candidates. They will mentor, teach and provide support in various ways over the six-month period. Guides involved in the program will be announced in January.
Cost of the Skip Yowell Future Leadership Academy
The program cost is $2,495. Payments plans are available. This includes:
- ORWM overnight orientation (food and lodging included)
- A four-day ‘Camp’ offsite retreat (food, lodging and travel to/from DIA included)
- Personality assessments and in-person learning
- Online learning, webinars with industry leaders and robust curriculum
- The Futurist Project
*Travel costs to be covered by participants. Time off for the participants can either be covered by the company or PTO, to be arranged between employer and employee.
Additional questions? Read the FAQ.
For questions, contact Stasia Walker.