SPOT LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Globalstar, Inc. (NYSE American: GSAT) and leader in satellite messaging and emergency notification technologies, today announced the launch of the SPOT Gen4 Jeep Special Edition Satellite GPS Messenger™. This product launch is the latest addition to the SPOT family after the recent release of the SPOT X Jeep Edition 2-way Satellite Messenger, and the earlier announced licensing deal with the Jeep brand.
SPOT Gen4 Jeep Special Edition offers affordable personal tracking, one touch check-in and S.O.S. emergency response technology. Users can view live or historical tracks and share their location or trip with others in the SPOT Mapping interface. The SPOT Gen4 Jeep Edition is part of an award-winning product portfolio that provides a vital line of communication with friends, family, and the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) using GPS location and satellite connectivity powered by Globalstar.
“The new SPOT Gen4 Jeep Edition was designed for outdoor enthusiasts; it’s the perfect personal safety device for adventurists continuing their journeys off the road and off the grid,” said Dave Kagan, CEO of Globalstar, Inc. “We’re proud to introduce this new product to the Jeep community and its overlanding freedom seekers to keep them connected where the road ends and exploration awaits.”
SPOT Gen4 Jeep Special Edition features include the following:
- Design – The new Gen4 Jeep Edition has a sleek look and secure grip with help and S.O.S. button covers that snap in place. It’s rugged, small and includes a multi-use carabiner and strap.
- IP68 Rating – Offers water resistance up to 30 minutes at two meters.
- Motion Activated Tracking – The SPOT Gen4 Jeep Edition sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, as an alternative to continuous tracking while extending battery life. Alerts can be set to send when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas.
- SPOT Mapping – SPOT Gen4 Jeep Edition users can also access SPOT Mapping upon service activation. View historical maps that show track points of your favorite trips in your Jeep, and easily share SPOT locations in near real time with friends and family for added peace of mind.
- Map Views – Options to view maps in light or dark mode, satellite, open street map or terrain.
- Shared Views – Unlimited with easy interface to share locations.
- Alerts – User set and system generated for emergency or custom messages, new movement, no movement, check in and help.
- Geofencing – Create virtual geographic boundaries and set custom alerts.
- Upgrades – Available for additional mapping features.
SPOT provides ubiquitous satellite coverage, including Canada, United States, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Northern and Southern Africa, portions of South America and North-Eastern Asia as well as hundreds of thousands of miles offshore. See our coverage map for additional global coverage details.
Pricing and Product Availability Information:
SPOT Gen4 Jeep Edition is available online at FindMeSpot.com. The device retails for $149.99 with a variety of service plans available, beginning at $11.95 per month.
SPOT LLC, a subsidiary of Globalstar, Inc., provides affordable satellite communication and tracking devices for recreational and business use. SPOT messaging devices use both the GPS satellite network and the Globalstar satellite network to transmit and receive text messages and GPS coordinates. Since 2007, SPOT has provided peace of mind by allowing customers to remain in contact with family, friends and co-workers, completely independent of cellular coverage and has helped initiate over 7,000 rescues worldwide. For more information, visit FindMeSPOT.com.
Note that all SPOT products described in this press release are the products of SPOT LLC, which is not affiliated in any manner with Spot Image of Toulouse, France or Spot Image Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia. SPOT Connect is a trademark of Spot LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Built on more than 75 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, Renegade and Wrangler. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models sold outside North America are available in both left- and right-hand drive configurations and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Jeep is part of the portfolio of brands offered by global automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. For more information regarding FCA (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA), please visit www.fcagroup.com.