Flagstaff, Ariz., (Sept. 17, 2022) – The 2022 Stages Cycling Barn Burner, an endurance mountain bike race owned and produced by Life Time (NYSE: LTH) and Leadville Trail 100 MTB qualifier event, took place this Saturday, bringing more than 400 cyclists representing 28 states and three countries to Flagstaff, Ariz. Athletes ages 9 to 68 took on various event distances as part of this family-friendly weekend.
“The Arizona high-country delivered today,” Ryan Cross, Senior Marketing Manager at Life Time Events said. “After a hot summer, it was such a pleasure to welcome hundreds of racers up to higher elevation under sunny skies and cooler temperatures for a beautiful day of mountain bike racing. Congratulations to all of the participants, particularly those who earned their spot in the 2023 Stages Cycling Leadville Trail 100 MTB. We’ll see you next summer!”
The Barn Burner weekend offers an array of race options, making it an approachable weekend for the entire family with a 100, 50, and 25-mile course distances with options to compete solo or as part of a relay. A complimentary kids race also took place for kids aged 2-12 along with a kids sack race.
On Saturday, riders lined up at 7 a.m. and took on one, two, or four laps around the scenic and technically-approachable 25-mile loop along the Coconino and Kaibab Forest Service roads. The course is considered a “roadie” mountain bike course, meaning it is somewhat beginner-friendly while also being fast for riders of experience.
Barn Burner Solo Results:
100-mile Cowboy – women’s division:
- Ellie Krafft, 17, of Prescott Valley, Ariz., with a time of 7:14:55
- Kristen Smith, 43, of San Clemente, Calif., with a time of 7:17:37
- Shaua Flach, 44, of Park City, Utah, with a time of 7:30:47
100-mile Cowboy – men’s division:
- Colby Greiner, 39, of Henderson, Nevada, with a time of 6:10:01
- Rob Smallman, 34, of Niwot, Colo., with a time of 6:11:44
- Samuel Brehm, 25, of Big Bear Lake, Cali. with a time of 6:22:18
50-mile Bronco – women’s division:
- Ariana Milelli, 19, of Prescott, Ariz., with a time of 3:41:50
- Siena Hermon, 20, of Big Bear City, Calif., with a time of 4:12:56
- Katherine Best, 38, of Flagstaff, Ariz., with a time of 4:13:45
50-mile Bronco – men’s division:
- Aidan Rhodes, 21, of Tucson, Ariz., with a time of 2:56:54
- Caleb Smith, 16, of San Clemente, Calif., with a time of 3:10:24
- Tony Rice, 41, of Phoenix, Ariz., with a time of 3:13:30
25-mile Wrangler – women’s division:
- Sage Melley, 45, of Scottsdale, Ariz., with a time of 1:54:38
- Hadley Flach, 13, of Park City, Utah, with a time of 2:01:11
- Abigail Wales, 15, of Springville, Calif, with a time of 2:17:49
25-mile Wrangler – men’s division:
- Anthony Vance,14, of Queen Creek, Ariz., with a time of 1:33:53
- Andrew Wales, 13, of Springville, Calif., with a time of 1:46:56
- Russell Carter, 49, of Albuquerque, New Mexico, with a time of 2:02:20
Barn Burner Relay Results:
100-mile Pardner Duo Relay – women’s division:
- Italian Sloth Mafia, of Phoenix, Ariz., with a time of 8:19:00
100-mile Pardner Duo Relay – men’s division:
- Camelback Mountain Ski Team, of Bella Vista, Ark., with a time of 7:44:34
- KGLR DUO, of Gilbert, Ariz., with a time of 7:58:26
- Copacetic, of Cave Creek, Ariz., with a time of 8:14:36
100-mile Pardner Duo Relay – co-ed division:
- CZracing, of Phoenix, Ariz., with a time of 7:37:28
- Chasing Michelle & David, of Buckeye, Ariz., with a time of 8:26:55
100-mile Posse Quad Relay – men’s division:
- #Canyoncrew, of Prescott, Ariz., with a time of 7:42:23
- GOT UR 6, of Scottsdale, Ariz., with a time of 8:19:18
- BB OG’s, of Phoenix, Artiz., with a time of 8:45:23
50-mile Rustler Duo Relay – co-ed division:
- Cruise Control, of Glendale, Ariz., with a time of 4:53:46
The next bike event on the Life Time off-road event calendar is the second annual The Rad Dirt Fest on Oct. 8 in Trinidad, Colo., followed by the Life Time Big Sugar Gravel presented by Mazda on Oct. 22. The final event on the Life Time off-road calendar is the Stages Cycling Austin Rattler MTB and Run on Nov. 5.
To view all Life Time athletic events, visit: my.lifetime.life/athletic-events.
About the Leadville Race Series
Started with only 45 runners as the Leadville Trail 100 Run in 1983, the Leadville Race Series now consists of seven running events and four mountain biking events, plus six events in the Leadville Qualifying Series. The Race Series stretches across three months, and hosts thousands of racers on foot and on mountain bikes in some of the world’s most iconic events. Endurance athletes worldwide now make the pilgrimage to Leadville, Colo., with the single goal of competing in “The Race Across the Sky.” Visit www.leadvilleraceseries.com for more information.
About Life Time®
Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of nearly 160 athletic country clubs across the United States and Canada. The company’s healthy way of life communities and ecosystem address all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment for people 90 days to 90+ years old. Supported by a team of more than 30,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to providing the best programs and experiences through its clubs, iconic athletic events and comprehensive digital platform.