OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability best practices. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
The meetings are free of charge, but registration is required.
CMWG Steering Committee Members Only (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
The DWR Task Force, under the umbrella of the Chemicals Management Working Group, works to address the use of DWR, align around industry communication and best practices, increase industry knowledge of risks and alternatives. This meeting will be used to discuss research, regulation, and current projects.
Specific agenda items include:
- Regrettable Substitutions Panel: Presentation and discussion of regrettable substitutions (i.e. GMO Corn, Palm Oil) for materials and chemicals of concern
- Presentation on latest DWR research: Stefan Posner, SWEREA
- Review existing task force work plan and discuss next steps
View the agenda and read more about the OIA Sustainability Convergence Series
Advanced Working Session: Preferred Materials Lists Desired Outcomes: 1.) Map existing approaches and determine best practices; 2.) Identify shared gaps/challenges and begin to think about how to collectively solve for them; 3.) Identify shared guidance tools/needs that could be supported by OIA
This workshop, for both new and veteran Higg Index users, will provide an overview on the new Higg Index platform updates as well as adoption campaign updates for both Higg Index Facility and Brand Modules.
Specific agenda items include:
- Facility Environmental Module (FEM) 3.0: Adoption updates
- Brand Environmental Module (BEM): Content and launch updates + industry adoption game plan
- Social/Labor Convergence update
Higg Index 2016 module and OIA industry-wide sustainability survey results will be showcased in our upcoming industry sustainability trends report, slated to be released at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
- OIA Sustainability Working Group Strategic Plan Briefing
- OIA Government Affairs Policy Briefing
- Social and Labor Convergence Project Briefing
- Textile Exchange Status Update
Join us for this panel discussion with various experts from other industries beyond the outdoor sector, to talk about shared supply chain sustainability challenges and hear how other industries are approaching them.
- Danielle Azoulay, L’Oreal
- Meghan Stasz, Grocery Manufacturer’s Association
Touted as a climate mitigation solution, regenerative agriculture is an approach to food and farming systems that regenerates topsoil and increases biodiversity, resulting in both carbon drawdown and improving the water cycle. This session will provide more insight into regenerative agriculture practices and projects and how industry can support existing efforts.
The FR Task Force, under the umbrella of the Chemicals Management Working Group, works to address the use of FR, align around industry communication and best practices, increase industry knowledge of risks and alternatives. This meeting will be used to discuss research, regulation, and current projects.
This facilitated working group discussion will continue to build on the emerging research around microfibers and working to establish a better understanding of the outdoor industry’s impact and leverage points. Desired meeting outcome: Exchange information and research updates, identify collaboration opportunities, and prioritize industry action items.
Specific agenda items include
- Presentation and discussion of Textile Exchange Recycled Polyester (rPET) Commitment Challenge
- Santa Barbara Microfibers Summit: Presentation of key takeaways, shared stakeholder workplan, and discussion of next steps for outdoor sector specifically