Team highlights Tailwind’s commitment to numerous endurance sports by including professional runners, cyclists, Nordic skiers, and triathletes
DURANGO, Colo. (Jan. 11, 2023) – Tailwind Nutrition is proud to announce its 2023 Tailwind Athlete Team which includes 22 athletes whose specialties range across the spectrum of endurance sports. The team includes 5-year Tailwind athlete and ultrarunning icon Courtney Dauwalter, who recently won the 2023 Bandera 100k race in Texas on Saturday, setting a new women’s course record in 8 hours and 59 minutes.
Dauwalter’s win earned her an automatic spot to compete in this year’s Western States 100. Fellow Tailwind athlete John Kelly ran in the front group for much of the race, ultimately finishing 6th in the men’s field.
“Starting the year playing on the trails of Texas was fun, and very tough,” says Dauwalter. “My legs are sore! I’m super excited to have the opportunity to run Western States this summer!”
In 2022, Dauwalter won the Hardrock 100 (also setting a course record) and she set a new fastest known time on the Collegiate Loop in Colorado. Next up for 2023, she will focus on the Transgrancanaria in February. Dauwalter will then set her sights on the elusive Western States/Hardrock double; two of the country’s most prestigious 100 milers set just three weeks apart.
Dauwalter and Kelly are just two of the 22 elite athletes that Tailwind is supporting in 2023. The team includes a cast of runners, cyclists, skiers, and triathletes who trust Tailwind Nutrition products to support their fuel, hydration and recovery needs throughout training and competition.
“We are both excited and proud to have such a talented and genuine group of athletes representing Tailwind for the 2023 season,” said Maggie Guterl, Tailwind Athlete & Events Manager. “We are constantly impressed by the work they put into their achievements. Tailwind is honored to be supportive of athletes that make changes not only in their sport but the communities that make those sports what they are.”
Tailwind Nutrition 2023 Athlete Team Roster
- Neil Beltchenko – Bike packer
- Victoria Burgess – SUP, skater, and nutritionist
- Ellen Campbell– Mountain biker and gravel cyclist
- Brittany Charboneau – Marathoner and trail runner
- Catra Corbett – Ultrarunner
- Kyle Curtain – Ultrarunner
- Courtney Dauwalter – Ultrarunner
- Leah Fair – Track and bobsled
- Joe Grant – Outdoor adventurer, ultrarunner, climber and photographer
- Tyler Green – Ultrarunner
- Annie Hughes – Ultrarunner
- Jacky Hunt-Broersma – Runner and para-athlete
- John Kelly – Ultrarunner
- Sarah Keyes – Ultrarunner
- Harvey Lewis – Ultrarunner
- Mario Mendoza – Mountain runner and ultrarunner
- LJ Miller – Cyclist and professional bike fitter
- Mo and Hannah – Mountain bikers and YouTube personalities
- Martin Murillo – Cyclist
- Pam Reed – Ultrarunner and triathlete
- Alayna Sonnesyn – Nordic skier
- Sam Vickery – Mountain biker and gravel cyclist
In 2022, the Durango-based brand celebrated its 10th anniversary. For more information on Tailwind Nutrition and to keep up with Tailwind Nutrition athletes, please visit: www.tailwindnutrition.com, Tailwind’s blog and follow their adventures on Instagram (@tailwindnutrition) and Facebook.
About Tailwind Nutrition
Since 2012, Tailwind Nutrition has been manufacturing all-natural endurance nutrition products that are free of GMOs, dairy, soy, and gluten, are easy to digest, and support an athlete’s fueling and recovery needs during exercise. Owned, operated and manufactured in Durango, CO, Tailwind Nutrition’s specially formulated drink mixes help athletes perform and compete at their highest level without the worry of food allergies or sensitivities. Tailwind is all you need, all day. Really. For more information visit tailwindnutrition.com