Wisconsin Outdoor Recreation Economy Report
66% OF WISCONSIN RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Wisconsin recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
More than twice as many direct jobs in Wisconsin DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION (168,000) as on the dairy industry (79,000)
- Wisconsin residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN FISHING AND CRUISING/ SIGHTSEEING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Wisconsin’s $17.9 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 168,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2t9Rx4V
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support WI’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2t9Rx4V
- I #ThriveOutside because of Wisconsin’s parks and its $17.9 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2t9Rx4V
- Outdoor recreation fuels Wisconsin’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2t9Rx4V
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Wisconsin’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2t9Rx4V