72% OF VERMONT RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Vermont recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
An estimated one in seven jobs in Vermont DEPENDS ON OUTDOOR RECREATION
- Vermont residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN SNOWSHOEING AND DAY HIKING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Vermont’s $5.5 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 51,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2uU0rAO
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support VT’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2uU0rAO
- I #ThriveOutside because of Vermont’s parks and its $5.5 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2uU0rAO
- Outdoor recreation fuels Vermont’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uU0rAO
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Vermont’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uU0rAO