64% OF OKLAHOMA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Oklahoma recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- OUTDOOR RECREATION SUSTAINS MORE JOBS in Oklahoma (97,000) than the aerospace (38,000) and biotechnology (44,000) industries combined
- Oklahoma residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN FISHING AND CAMPING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Oklahoma’s $10.6 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 97,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ufMwr1
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support OK’s outdoor rec economy #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ufMwr1
- I #ThriveOutside because of Oklahoma’s parks and its $10.6 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2ufMwr1
- Outdoor recreation fuels Oklahoma’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ufMwr1
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Oklahoma’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ufMwr1