Watch on-demand: California Outdoor Recreation Partnership and Outdoor Industry Association’s 5th Sacramento Summit!
The California Outdoor Recreation Partnership, with support from Outdoor Industry Association, was pleased to host the 5th Sacramento Summit for outdoor recreation policy. From May 23-25, hundreds of outdoor recreation enthusiasts participated in our Sacramento Summit. Businesses and organizations met for a virtual advocacy day to hear from state policymakers, legislators, and decision-makers. Summit participants engaged in and drove conversation to protect public lands and advocate for equitable access, environmental justice, climate resilience including the 30×30 initiative, and outdoor recreation infrastructure.
- Advocate for equitable access, climate resiliency, and funding for outdoor recreation infrastructure.
- Connect the California outdoor recreation community with stakeholders, state agency leaders and key legislative members and continue to build state-level government relationships.
- Networking opportunities for members.
Advocacy Day Program: 8 am – 12 pm on Monday, May 23, 2022
Lobby Meetings: Monday, May 23 – Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Advocacy Day Activities:
- Remarks from Policymakers and Outdoor Recreation Advocates
- Meetings with state-level policymakers and agency officials
- Coffee Networking Event
- Happy Hour Networking Event
Special thanks to The North Face and REI for their support of our work at California Outdoor Recreation Partnership.