59% OF HAWAII RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Hawaii recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- TRAIL SPORTS SUSTAIN MORE JOBS IN HAWAII (13,100) than real estate and rentals (12,300)
- Hawaii residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN SURFING AND STAND UP PADDLE BOARDING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Hawaii’s $7.8 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 68,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ufqViu
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support HI’s outdoor recreation economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ufqVi
- I #ThriveOutside because of Hawaii’s parks and its $7.8 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2ufqViu
- Outdoor recreation fuels Hawaii’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ufqViu
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Hawaii’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ufqViu