58% OF GEORGIA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Georgia recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- More jobs in Georgia DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION (238,000) than on the auto industry (207,000)
- Georgia residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN FISHING AND TRAIL/ROAD RUNNING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Georgia’s $27.3 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 238,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2tllVUS
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support GA’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2tllVUS
- I #ThriveOutside because of Georgia’s parks and its $27.3 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2tllVUS
- Outdoor recreation fuels Georgia’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2tllVUS
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Georgia’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2tllVUS