Share, Advocate and Inspire
Get out there and spread the love on your social media.
Concept: Where can you see LWCF from? We want to celebrate the different ways outdoorists experience their public land spaces, especially with so many LWCF sites that are right in our own backyards.
Ideas: How do you live an outdoorist life? Do you look at your local park through the windows of your office, eagerly awaiting your lunchtime run? Do you see LWCF sites each morning from the back of your van after spending the night sleeping on public lands? Are you a hiker, who ‘sees’ the impacts of LWCF from the perspective of your hiking boots? Can you see LWCF from the top of your local park’s playground? From the edge of your paddleboard? From the tips of your skis? From the anchors of a climb?
How to share:
- Head to your local LWCF site (or a place where you can see it from), snap a photo of you getting after it outdoors, and share using the #ICanSeeLWCF hashtag.
- In your caption, share why this public land space is important to you, and feel free to use our messaging below to add an educational punch to your storytelling.
- During the week of April 16th, we’ll be on the ground with outdoor industry leaders to lobby in D.C. and make our voices heard
- Pssst… We’ll be giving away outdoorist socks to our favorite photos.
Social Posts + Messaging:
- Did you know #LWCF funding has supported public lands in nearly every county in the US? #ICanSeeLWCF from [insert your local LWCF site].
- Did you know #LWCF funds protect national treasures in and around national parks, forests, monuments and refuges as well as state and local programs? Here in [your state]. #ICanSeeLWCF from [insert your local LWCF site].
- Did you know LWCF is funded by a percentage of the more than $6.7 billion in annual offshore oil and gas lease revenue, NOT taxpayer dollars? Here in [your state]. #ICanSeeLWCF from [insert your local LWCF site].
- Every year, LWCF can receive up to $900 million of offshore gas and drilling revenue to spend on conservation efforts; although, Congress has chronically underfunded it. #ICanSeeLWCF from [insert your local LWCF site], and I support fully funding LWCF because ______.
- Here in [your state]. #ICanSeeLWCF from [insert your local LWCF site]. LWCF needs permanent authorization and full funding to best protect the future of our public lands.