Your Outdoor Retailer Summer Market Pre-Show Checklist
You’re just days—or maybe hours—away from the start of the industry’s biggest trade show. Are you set up for success?
Hopefully you’ve taken care of the major to-do list items, like reserving your hotel room and booking show appointments. But there’s more to a successful OR than what happens on the floor from Wednesday through Saturday. The time between your arrival and the start of the show on Wednesday is chock full of opportunities to learn, network and prepare yourself for the main event. Use this checklist to maximize your productivity.
- Once you’ve checked into your hotel and dropped your bags in your room, head over to the Salt Palace to pick up your registration badge…and don’t forget to purchase a Give Back Badge. Because, you know, it’s for the kids.
- Make your plan. Check it twice: Confirm meetings with key contacts, fill in the gaps with OU sessions, and plot out a few post-show happy hours (a.k.a. networking events).
- Is your team still putting the finishing touches on your booth? Here are 10 Ways to Make Your Booth Stand Out.
- Press badge in hand? Get the most out of media resources at Outdoor Retailer.
- Grab a shuttle to the Open Air Demo at the Pineview Reservoir Tuesday, August 2, from 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Attending OR as a retailer? Check out our Retailer Insiders Guide, and reserve your seat for RISE, developed specifically for specialty outdoor retailers. We’ll have shuttles to get you from Tuesday’s Open Air Demo to the Gallivan Center.
- Come find out how your company can take the first step toward a sustainable future. Register to attend the Sustainability Insights Conference. We are especially interested in Bryan Welch’s session on Telling the Sustainability Story: Creating Change Through Content and What’s the Higg Index and What Can It Do For My Business?
- It’s not too late to register for Outsiders Ball, the unofficial kickoff to ORSM and an all-around good cause.
- Hit up one of these great restaurants in Salt Lake City.
- Get a good night’s sleep. You’re going to need it.
And don’t forget to swing by the OIA booth (BRL#200) during the show where you can…
- Say hello to our team members and learn more about our programs, resources and benefits.
- Participate in the OR-wide job tally to find out how many people the outdoor industry employs. Find out more here.
- Meet Higgins, our supply chain goat, who will help you on your path to sustainability.
- Grab a beer and win gear at our happy hour.