OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of June 5, 2017
Outdoor Retailer Summer Market SWG Meetings – Register Today
OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. Monday and Tuesday prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability best practices. View the agenda here and please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
Sustainability Working Group Meetings: July 24th 2017
The meetings are free of charge, but registration is required.
Sustainability Insights Conference: July 25th 2017
Free for SWG Leadership members (contact Nikki for your comp code). Discounted rate for OIA members.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
More than 50 industry leaders convened ahead of Telluride Mountainfilm to learn how to push policy that addresses climate change. Addressing these challenges and applying them to action will be the first mission of the recently established CEO Alliance. Outdoor Industry Association, Protect Our Winters and Mountainfilm have committed to working together to that end, with the next summit convening at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2018.
Missed it Last Week?
- Higg Index Renewal Options for OIA Members: Click here for more information on payment options and a detailed FAQ. Contact Nikki Hodgson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have additional questions.
- Lenzing: Sustainability and Fiber Innovation Webinar (Hosted by Textile Exchange), June 8, 2017 9:00am MDT Register here.
- CMWG Monthly ‘Community of Practice’ Webinar June 2017: Exposure Matters! Evaluating risks for outdoor industry products, June 20, 2017, 10:00 am MT
- Your Fleece Jacket Pollutes the Ocean. Here’s the Possible Fix. Outside Magazine
- President Trump Kicks Off Summer Wildlife Season by Withdrawing from Paris Climate Agreement, OIA
- New CDP Data Reveals US Suppliers Represent One-Third Global Carbon Reduction Opportunities, Sustainable Brands
- World’s First Circular Economy Standard Launched, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.