OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of July 10, 2017
You’re Invited: Marketing the Higg Index: Selling your Supply Chain Smarts: For 10 years the Sustainability Working Group has collaborated amongst more than 150 outdoor brands, retailers, suppliers and other stakeholder organizations to work to identify and implement better business practices throughout our shared supply chains. How do brands tell the story of their investment in and work on the Higg Index that is compelling to their customers? In short, how we make sustainability part of the value proposition?
Please join us for a roundtable discussion at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2017. OIA will be convening industry marketing and sustainability professionals to discuss the following:
- Knowing what you know, what are the most compelling aspects of the Higg Index that you can share with consumers?
- How would you bring it to life?
- What are the shared tools OIA and the Sustainability Working Group can provide to aid your storytelling efforts?
- How can marketers continue to work together (like their product peers)?
- Moderator: Gareth Martins, Director of Marketing, OIA
- OIA Sustainable Business Innovation Team: Beth Jensen, Nikki Hodgson, and Jessie Curry
- You! And your marketing leads. Please forward this invite to the most appropriate marketing person in your organization to join the roundtable discussion.
WHEN: Friday, July 28th, 800AM-930AM
WHERE: Salon G, The Marriott Downtown at City Creek, Salt Lake City
PLEASE RSVP by emailing Nikki Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Team Expertise Needed for Higg Index Footprinting Tool – Webinar TOMORROW, July 11
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition needs your Quality Experts to help understand:
- The best tests to use related to longevity
- Appropriate thresholds for these tests
- Different testing requirements in different regions
Why they should get involved:
- Your company is future respondent PEF legislation and users of the Footprinting Tool
- You want to make sure your products are well represented in methodology
- The industry and consumers will learn from this tool how quality has direct links to sustainability
Join Us for a More Descriptive Introduction Please join the SAC for a webinar to learn more and help us plan. We will want to get your input on the best approach to do this together. Webinar Date: July 11, 2017
- Americas/EMEA:8 am MT: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/ff3987e64cbc74247c24e00bf0acd2b8
- Americas/APAC: 6 pm MT: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/035001f34530148666858a512
Reminder from the Sustainable Apparel Coalition: Download all Higg data between now and July 14
- Download your own modules and your connections’ modules
- Guide on how to download module data: https://apparelcoalition.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006165068-Platform-Guide-How-to-View-Connections-Modules
Locking accounts/activity on Schneider platform starting after July 14
- All module data must be downloaded from the current platform by this date
- Exception: If you signed up for early renewal or are going through verification, your account will remain active through October 31
- Note: SAC will have a full backup of all module data
Missed it last week?
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition: Duration of Service in the Product Footprint Tool, Tuesday, July 11th, 8:00 am MT
- OIA SWG Meeting Prep Call – What to Expect at OR Summer Market 2017, Wednesday, July 19, 10:00am MT
- C&A discloses details of 2,000+ suppliers, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- Five climate change solutions advance to biomimicry accelerator, Sustainable Brands
- Dirty laundry: Are your clothes polluting the ocean? BBC
- Outdoor Retailer has a new home, OIA
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.