OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of January 29, 2018
Last Chance for Manufacturer Registration on Higg.org for $100
Through January 31, Higg Index registration only costs USD $100 per facility module for facilities. On February 1, the registration price will increase to USD $150 per facility module for the remainder of the year. For more information and resources on the Higg.org platform, please visit www.HowtoHigg.org.
- You can go directly to higg.org to register or you can use this templateto invite your business partners and vendors to register on org.
Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show 2018 Recap
Thank you to everyone who joined us for a week full of sustainability events and meetings as we kicked off our first show in Denver, Colorado. We were incredibly excited to welcome everyone to our home state and to have a week full of inspiring and productive conversations. Below please find all slide decks and available recordings.
- OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings, Tuesday, January 23 – Wednesday, January 24: Click here to access all meeting decks and recordings. For detailed meeting materials and next steps, please join the appropriate discussion group.
- OIA Sustainability Related Talks at Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show 2018
- Project Drawdown: Hope for Climate Solutions: Paul Hawken: https://outdoorindustry.org/industry-breakfast-2018-outdoor-retailer-snow-show/
- Spring/Summer 2020 Trends: The Collective Consciousness and ‘Multi-Use’, Haysun Hahn: https://outdoorindustry.org/industry-lunch-2018-2020-trends-multiuse
- The Higg Index: Assessing, Measuring, and Communicating Sustainability in the Supply Chain: OIA, Burton, Klean Kanteen https://sia.yourbrandlive.com/c/higg-index
Heading to ISPO? Check out the European Outdoor Group sustainability program at ISPO. It’s available here.
- B Lab Workshop in Boulder, Colorado
- On Feb. 1, CU’s Net Impact Club, in cooperation with B Lab, will host a Best for Colorado Workshop for businesses in and around Boulder. At the workshop, you will receive hands-on support from MBA students to complete a quick impact assessment for your business to benchmark your social and environmental practices. From here, you’ll gain access to a free online tool and resources that will help you track and improve your company’s performance, as well as compare your company’s impact on workers, communities and the environment against thousands of other businesses. Learn more and register here.
- Inside VF’s new sustainability direction, GreenBiz
- Outdoor Industry Film Series to Highlight Business Imperative for Embracing Purpose, Sustainable Brands
- REI honors top vendor partners of 2017 and delivers root award to La Sportiva for innovation in sustainable design
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.