OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of June 12, 2017
Outdoor Retailer Summer Market SWG Meetings – Register Today
OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. Monday and Tuesday prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability best practices. View the agenda here and please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
Sustainability Working Group Meetings: July 24th 2017
The meetings are free of charge, but registration is required.
Sustainability Insights Conference: July 25th 2017
Free for SWG Leadership members (contact Nikki for your comp code). Discounted rate for OIA members.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Higg Index Modules Submitted: How’d we do?
- Total OIA Member Accounts: 126
- Total 2016 Modules complete or posted by OIA Members: 90
- A full adoption campaign update and preliminary benchmarking results will be shared at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.
Higg Index Renewal Options for OIA Members
Click here for more information on payment options and a detailed FAQ. Contact Nikki Hodgson (email@example.com) if you have additional questions.
Microfibers Task Force Call and Updates – June 22
- Our next call will be on Thursday, June 22 at 10:00 am MT. Register here.
- Please review all task force updates and next steps here.
- Not a member of the Microfibers Task Force? Contact Nikki to be added to this group.
Missed it Last Week?
- Turning Climate Rhetoric Into Political Action: More than 50 industry leaders convened ahead of Telluride Mountainfilm to learn how to push policy that addresses climate change. Read more about the takeaways and next steps from this event and View the CEO Alliance Pledge & FAQ.
- CMWG Monthly ‘Community of Practice’ Webinar June 2017: Exposure Matters! Evaluating risks for outdoor industry products, June 20, 2017, 10:00 am MT
- Microfibers Task Force Update Call, June 22, 2017, 10:00 am MT
- The simple way big brands can evangelize recycling, GreenBiz
- Rainforest Alliance, UTZ Merge to Create Single Agriculture Sustainability Standard, Sustainable Brands
- Nike, Gap, Patagonia Slam Trump for Paris Retreat, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.