OIA Sustainability Working Group to Convene at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market
The Outdoor Industry Association® (OIA) Sustainability Working Group (SWG) is holding its twice-yearly in-person meeting in Salt Lake City before the start of Outdoor Retailer Summer Market. The meeting will take place on Wednesday, Aug. 1, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm in the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center.
OIA SWG working meetings will also take place at the Hilton on Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the show. These meetings are intended for the existing members of the various SWG working groups (Footwear Index, Equipment Index, Social Responsibility, Chemicals Management, Materials Traceability) to provide face-to-face time to advance their specific projects and deliverables.
If you are interested in attending the OIA SWG full group meeting on Aug. 1 or joining any of the specific working group efforts, please email Beth Jensen, OIA’s director of corporate responsibility.
Schedule of OIA SWG Events at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2012:
Tuesday, July 31 (Hilton Salt Lake City Center)
- Working Group Sessions: 10 am – 1 pm
– Footwear Index Working Group
– Social Responsibility Working Group
- Working Group Sessions: 1 pm – 5 pm
– Chemicals Management Working Group
Wednesday, August 1 (Hilton Salt Lake City Center)
- Full OIA SWG Meeting: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Working Group Sessions: 1 pm – 4 pm
– Materials Traceability Working Group (full group, then task force breakouts)
– Equipment Index Working Group
Thursday, August 2 (Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek)
OIA Outdoor University Session: 1:00 –2:30 pm
How to Begin and Maintain a Social Responsibility Program in your Company
Friday, August 3 (Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek)
- OIA Outdoor University Session: Noon – 1:15 pm
How Brands and Retailers Can Use the “Brand Module” of the Apparel Index
- OIA Outdoor University Session: 2:00 – 3:15 pm
Industry Integrity – Certification and Standards (with Textile Exchange)
For more information about the OIA SWG, visit outdoorindustry.org/sustainability.