Advisory Councils and Working Groups
Sustainability Working Group
The OIA Sustainability Working Group is led by an Advisory Council of leading outdoor companies:
- Bolt Threads – Jamie Bainbridge, Chair
- Burton – Ali Kenney
- Columbia Sportswear – Peter Haney
- Independent – Jeff Nash
- Nester Hosiery – Dave Petri
- Patagonia – Jill Dumain
- Pacific Market International (PMI) – Valerie Bone
- REI – Matt Thurston
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition – Betsy Blaisdell Shepperd
- Timberland — Colleen Vien
- Unifi Manufacturing, Inc. – Meredith Boyd
- W.L. Gore – Bernhard Kiehl
The Advisory Council sets the vision and guides the work of the Sustainability Working Group, which includes more than 300 companies working together to identify best practices in sustainability.
For more, contact Nikki Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreation Advisory Council
The Outdoor Industry Association Recreation Advisory Council (OIARAC) is an advisory board that provides guidance to OIA on various recreation-related policy issues, such as:
- The industry’s engagement on the Land Water Conservation Fund (LWCF)
- Public land funding initiatives
- Protection of our public lands for recreation use
- New public land designations
- Ensuring access to outdoor recreation for the next generation
- Steve Barker, Wild Places (Chair)
- Hans Cole, Patagonia
- Adam Cramer, Outdoor Alliance
- Andrew Foster, L.L. Bean, Inc.
- Ashley Korenblat, Western Spirit Cycling
- Ann Krcik, The North Face
- Brian Merrill, Western River Expeditions
- David Polivy, Tahoe Mountain Sports
- Alyssa Ravasio, Hipcamp
- Kirk Richardson, KEEN Effect
- Ross Saldarini, Mountain Khakis
- John Sterling, The Conservation Alliance
- Taldi Walter, REI
- Marc Berejka, REI
- Brad Werntz, New Normal Consulting
For more, contact Jess Wahl at email@example.com.
Trade Advisory Council
OIATAC reviews U.S. trade policy, relevant federal legislation and international trade negotiations, develops federal trade policy that may affect OIA membership and recommends policy positions to OIA government affairs staff and OIA leadership.
- Marc Berejka – Director, Government Affairs, Recreational Equipment Inc.
- Sara Bowersox, Global Compliance Manager, Keen
- Ben Christensen, Director of Global Sourcing and Financial Planning
- Tony Ferguson – Logistics Administrator, Patagonia
- Patrick Fox – Director of Customs Compliance, V.F. Outdoor Group/The North Face
- Jann Futrell, Director Global Trade, The Coleman Company
- Ted Ganio, Senior Director Operations, CamelBak
- Lisa Leffler, Senior Global Logistics Manager, Black Diamond
- Kristy Marvin, General Counsel, Timberland
- Dan Means – Fulfillment Manager, Cascade Designs
- Brent Merriam, VP/Outdoors, NEMO Equipment
- Quinn O’Rourke – Logistics and Customs Manager, LaCrosse Footwear Inc.
- Mike Ratchford – Government Relations Associate, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc
- Shawn Reynolds – Director, Global Trade Compliance, Cabela’s
- Tony Roina – Manufacturing and Sourcing Manager, Big Agnes
- Mario Roman, Director of Sourcing, Marmot
- Chris Sentementes – VP of Global Sourcing and Business Development, PrimaLoft
- Jeff Tooze – Director, Global Customs and Trade, Columbia Sportswear
For more, contact Rich Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org.