US-UK Free Trade Agreement: To advocate, tell us your priorities.
Help OIA Advocate for Your Business: Please answer the questions below.
United States and United Kingdom Continue Negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement
The United States and United Kingdom are currently negotiating a free trade agreement, and we need your help in identifying the key priorities for the outdoor industry.
On May 5, 2020, the two sides launched the first round of negotiations and followed up with a second round on June 15. While the timing of an agreement remains unclear, there have been reports that the U.S. and U.K. may push to conclude an agreement before the November U.S. election.
OIA will track the negotiations closely and advocate on behalf of the outdoor industry’s priorities. You can help OIA identify the priorities for the industry by contacting me and by answering the following questions:
- What products or inputs do you currently source from the U.K.? Please share a copy of the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule (USHTS) codes for those products.
- Are these products only available from the U.K.? If not, why do you choose to source from the U.K.?
- Has this trade increased or decreased over the past 1, 3, 5, and 10 years?
- What is the total value (in U.S. dollars) of your 2019 imports from and exports to the U.K.? (Please differentiate between imports and exports.)
- For domestic manufacturers, what products do you currently export to the U.K. from the United States? Please provide the Schedule B USHTS codes.
- What non-tariff barriers and/or regulatory challenges do you face in in the U.K. market?
- How would the elimination of tariff and non-tariff barriers between the United States and the U.K. impact your business?
Please send your responses to me (email@example.com) by July 31, 2020. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or to learn more about how you can participate in this process.