As OIA’s Government Affairs Manager, Wahl promotes OIA’s recreation policy goals, focusing on securing increased funding, access and infrastructure for outdoor recreation and promoting the outdoor industry agenda in Washington, DC. She plays a key role in policy development and analysis, political engagement and grassroots organizing. Wahl comes to OIA from the Department of the Interior (DOI), where she worked in the Office of the Secretary on external affairs and youth engagement in the outdoors. Wahl also managed the first lady’s Let’s Move Outside! and Let’s Move! In Indian Country initiatives on behalf of the DOI and other agencies. Wahl received her undergraduate and graduate degrees in American government and politics from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. She is still addicted to politics and the news but is also an avid outdoorswoman, who loves kayaking, climbing, hiking and running.
Or email here at email@example.com
Articles by Jessica Wahl:
- HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE HILL – OIA's weekly roundup from D.C.
- Policy Blog: Is This The Most Important Piece of Outdoor Legislation in 2016?
- Land and Water Conservation Fund 101
- You Can Support Wildfire Funding
- Recreation Gets Burned
- NPS’ Every Kid in a Park Website Goes Live
- From Defunded to Defunct
- Policy Alert: New REC Act Introduced
- Testifying to Turn the Tide for LWCF
- LWCF Lives
- OIA welcomes new members to Recreation Advisory Council
- Outdoor Industry Association publishes position on public land designation
- Policy Blog: The REC Act introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives today
- Land Managers Might Soon Have a Mandate To Prioritize Recreation
- Top 10 Lobbying Tips
- OIA Calls for Highest Protection of the Arctic Wildlife Refuge
- Numismatist Outdoorists, Listen Up
- The Centennial Act, Why It Matters and How OIA Is Supporting It
- USFS Cuts Red Tape for Groups Getting Outdoors
- Policy Blog: U.S. House Votes to Count Outdoor Recreation Economy As Part of U.S. GDP
- Policy Blog: BREAKING: President Obama Signs REC Act Into Law
- Policy Blog: Centennial Act Passage Among One of the Last Actions as the 114th Congress Closes Out
- Policy Blog: Feds Deny Mining Lease Renewal Near Boundary Waters
- Bears Ears Monument Designation Protects Iconic American Landscape
- 4 Reasons To Be Optimistic About the Zinke Nomination
- H.R. 621 Is Dead. Meet The Woman Who Helped Kill It.
- Policy Blog: Zinke Confirmed as Interior Secretary
- Policy Blog: Big Cuts for Outdoor Recreation in Trump's “Skinny Budget”