Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination for the OIA Together We Are a Force Awards. We’ve told a lot of great stories of collaboration so far, but we need your help finding more work to shine a light on. Submit your nomination by May 13.
You can submit a nomination for collaborative work in a project you or a friend were involved in. Keep reading below for detailed information on submission instructions and criteria.
All nomination submissions must include thoughtful and complete answers to the short-answer application (link to application) and a short (less than 2 minutes) smart phone video explaining why your group should win the award. This is your chance to show us what makes your work unique, so we encourage you to get creative with the video!
For a nomination to be considered, a combination of the following must be demonstrated by the collaborators’ initiative:
1. One or more individuals from two or more organizations collaborating together to achieve a clear goal in either public policy, sustainable business innovation or increasing outdoor participation. If you feel you have an important story of collaboration that doesn’t fit into one of these categories, please contact us and we’ll advise on how to proceed.
2. The collaboration and the subsequent result address a clear need and/or solves a problem. It directly contributes to achievement of a goal that furthers the industry’s efforts. The problem being solved is considered and addressed from a novel/diverse perspective.
3. The collaboration questions existing assumptions and beliefs and encourages thought around alternative ways of doing things.
4. Requirements and resources needed to implement the new initiative are clearly defined.
5. A potential for scale is demonstrated.
6. The project considers and works within constraints to create novel approaches; serves as an inspiration or jumping-off point for future collaboration and innovation; and makes the most out of existing resources.
7. Evidence of progress or completion can be demonstrated.
Additional Requirements At least one company involved in the collaboration must be an OIA member.
Instructions for Submitting a Nomination
1. Review the requirements for nominees and ensure your group meets them.
3. Submit a video explaining your collaboration and why it should win to email@example.com with the subject line “Video: Together We Are a Force Awards.” In the email, please include your name, the submission category (policy, sustainability or participation) and the name of the project. The video can be filmed on a smartphone, but please make sure the sound and image quality are good.
Together We Are a Force Award nominations will be judged by a committee composed of OIA staff and one or two subject matter experts.
Become A Member
As an OIA member, you have access to tools and resources to help you and your company thrive. Take advantage of networking events, education opportunities, research reports, case studies, business savings and brand recognition opportunities. Most important, become part of a community of peers who want to share in each other’s successes.