69% OF OREGON RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Oregon recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- OOUTDOOR RECREATION SUSTAINS nearly three times the jobs in Oregon (172,000) as the wood products industry (58,000)
- Oregon residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN CAMPING AND DAY HIKING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Oregon’s $16.4 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 172,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ukQTl1
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support OR’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ukQTl1
- I #ThriveOutside because of Oregon’s parks and its $16.4 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2ukQTl1
- Outdoor recreation fuels Oregon’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ukQTl1
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Oregon’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ukQTl1