56% OF NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across North Carolina recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- OUTDOOR RECREATION GENERATES MORE CONSUMER SPENDING in North Carolina ($28 billion) than financial services and insurance ($24.9 billion)
- North Carolina residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN FISHING AND HUNTING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of North Carolina’s $28 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 260,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside https://bit.ly/2ubCffp
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support NC’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside https://bit.ly/2ubCffp
- I #ThriveOutside because of North Carolina’s parks and its $28 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. https://bit.ly/2ubCffp
- Outdoor recreation fuels North Carolina’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. https://bit.ly/2ubCffp
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect North Carolina’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. https://bit.ly/2ubCffp