65% OF NEW MEXICO RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across New Mexico recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- More than twice as many jobs in New Mexico DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION (99,000) than on the energy and mining sectors combined (35,000)
- New Mexico residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN CAMPING AND OFF-ROADING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of New Mexico’s $9.9 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 99,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2t5O2wk
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support NM’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2t5O2wk
- I #ThriveOutside because of New Mexico’s parks and its $9.9 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2t5O2wk
- Outdoor recreation fuels New Mexico’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2t5O2wk
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect New Mexico’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2t5O2wk