81% OF MONTANA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Montana recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- SPENDING ON OUTDOOR RECREATION in Montana ($7.1 billion) exceeds the value of statewide agricultural crop, livestock, and poultry products sold ($4.3 billion)
- Montana residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN DAY HIKING AND WILDLIFE VIEWING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Montana’s $7.1 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 71,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2sSfd9J
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support MT’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2sSfd9Jhttp://bit.ly/2sSfd9J
- I #ThriveOutside because of Montana’s parks and its $7.1 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2sSfd9J
- Outdoor recreation fuels Montana’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2sSfd9Jhttp://bit.ly/2sSfd9J
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Montana’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2sSfd9J