Minnesota Outdoor Recreation Economy Report
70% OF MINNESOTA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Minnesota recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- More jobs in Minnesota DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION (140,000) than on hospitals and health systems (121,000)
- Minnesota residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN CRUISING/ SIGHTSEEING BY BOAT AND FISHING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Minnesota’s $16.7 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 140,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2uTVZSC
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support MN’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uTVZSC
- I #ThriveOutside because of Minnesota’s parks and its $16.7 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2uTVZSC
- Outdoor recreation fuels Minnesota’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uTVZSC
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Minnesota’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uTVZSC