63% OF MICHIGAN RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Michigan recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- More than twice as many direct Jobs in Michigan DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION (232,000) as on the aerospace industry (105,000)
- Michigan residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN KAYAKING AND CAMPING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Michigan’s $26.6 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 232,000 ppl it employs!. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2tORbzo
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support MI’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2tORbzo
- I #ThriveOutside because of Michigan’s parks and its $26.6 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2tORbzo
- Outdoor recreation fuels Michigan’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2tORbzo
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Michigan’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2tORbzo