59% OF MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Massachusetts recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- More than twice as many direct jobs in Massachusetts DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION (120,000) as on the biopharmaceutical industry (55,000)
- Massachusetts residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN DOWNHILL SKIING AND KAYAKING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Massachusetts’ $16.2 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 120,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2uXTrms
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. Support MA’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2uXTrms
- I #ThriveOutside because of Massachusetts’ parks and its $16.2 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2uXTrms
- Outdoor recreation fuels Massachusetts’ economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uXTrms
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Massachusetts’ #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uXTrms