59% OF INDIANA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Indiana recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- More direct jobs in Indiana DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION (143,000) than on agriculture (108,000)
- Indiana residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN CAMPING AND WILDLIFE VIEWING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Indiana’s $15.7 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 143,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2up2u2v
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support IN’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2up2u2v
- I #ThriveOutside because of Indiana’s parks and its $15.7 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2up2u2v
- Outdoor recreation fuels Indiana’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2up2u2v
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Indiana’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2up2u2v