56% OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across California recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- OUTDOOR RECREATION EMPLOYS MORE CALIFORNIANS (691,000) than the wine industry and film and television industry combined (516,000)
- California residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN DAY HIKING AND SNOWBOARDING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of California’s $92 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 691,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2uTvo89
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support CA’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2uTvo89
- I #ThriveOutside because of California’s’ parks and its $92 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2uTvo89
- Outdoor recreation fuels California’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uTvo89
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect California’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2uTvo89