59% OF ARIZONA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Arizona recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- More jobs in Arizona DEPEND ON OUTDOOR RECREATION(201,000) than on the aerospace, defense and tech sectors combined (184,000)
- Arizona residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN OFF-ROADING AND DAY HIKING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Arizona’s $21.2 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 201,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2t5N82N
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities.RT to support AZ’s outdoor rec economy #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2t5N82N
- I #ThriveOutside because of Arizona’s parks and its $21.2 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2t5N82N
- Outdoor recreation fuels Arizona’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2t5N82N
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Arizona’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2t5N82N