81% OF ALASKA RESIDENTS PARTICIPATE IN OUTDOOR RECREATION EACH YEAR
Communities across Alaska recognize that outdoor recreation supports health, contributes to a high quality of life and—perhaps most importantly—attracts and sustains employers and families. Investing in outdoor infrastructure attracts employers and active workforces, ensuring those communities thrive economically and socially.
MORE FUN FACTS
- OUTDOOR RECREATION SUSTAINS MORE THAN FOUR TIMESthe number of jobs in Alaska (72,000) than oil and gas production, mining and logging combined (15,000)
- Alaska residents are more likely to PARTICIPATE IN FISHING AND WILDLIFE VIEWING than the average American
SPREAD THE WORD
Show your support for the outdoor industry by sharing these messages and the below image on your social channels.
- Proud to be a part of Alaska’s $7.3 BILLION outdoor recreation economy & the 72,000 ppl it employs! #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ufJnrl
- Outdoor recreation+public lands=healthy communities. RT to support AK’s outdoor rec economy. #ThriveOutside http://bit.ly/2ufJnrl
- I #ThriveOutside because of Alaska’s parks and its $7.3 BILLION outdoor recreation economy. http://bit.ly/2ufJnrl
- Outdoor recreation fuels Alaska’s economy & communities. Share this report w/ the governor so we can #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ufJnrl
- Red or blue, let’s come together to protect Alaska’s #PublicLands and continue to #ThriveOutside. http://bit.ly/2ufJnrl