- 19.7 million females went fishing in 2020, a 10% participation increase in comparison with 2019.
- Youth and adolescent fishing skyrocketed last year, with 13.5 million youth ages 6 to 17 hitting the water.
- 5 million Hispanic Americans went fishing in 2020, the highest recorded volume in 14 years.
- Overall participation continues to increase, with nearly 55 million Americans fishing at least once last year.
- African Americans have had the highest participation rate in the last three years, with a 7.4% increase in participation and 14.6% growth since 2019.
- Hispanic fishing participants reached a record 4.4 million last year.
- More than 55% of people who have tried fishing intend to continue the activity in 2021.
2021 Special Report on Fishing has been added to your cart Check Out