- Over 50 million Americans fished last year, the highest number in over a decade.
- More than 3 million Americans tried fishing for the first time last year.
- Fishing is among the most popular “gateway” activities; accessible activities that often lead to other forms of outdoor recreation.
- A record 7 million Americans fly fished in 2019.
- 1.2 million children ages 6 to 12 tried fishing for the first time last year–up 10 percent in the last three years.
- Hispanic fishing participants reached a record 4.4 million last year.
- 17.9 million women reported fishing last year–a record number.