Public Lands Day
September 26, 2020
Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) works on many initiatives to enhance the outdoor industry and outdoor recreation-one of the those initiations is the protection of public lands. We work at the state and local levels as well as federally to affect policy to support our public lands through land protection and funding.
Our Recent Public Lands Work, News and Stories
- An Open Letter: Together We Can Defend Our Public Lands
- Together We Are A Force: The Outdoor Industry Must Unite and Fight for Public Lands
- OIA Launched the 2017 Recreation Economy Report: A Great Tool to Advocate for Recreation and Public Lands
- 97% of Americans Agree: Monuments Matter
- Four Outdoorists, Five Questions About Public Lands and the Recreation Economy
- Outdoor Industry Association and Outdoor Alliance Commend Congress on the Introduction of the Recreation Not Red-Tape Act
- Outdoor Industry Association Publishes Position on Public Land Designation
- The Centennial Act, Why It Matters and How OIA is Supporting It
- Public Lands: We Can’t Cash Out. We Must Lean In.
- Bears Ears Monument Designation Protects Iconic American Landscape
- Colorado’s Public Lands Day Bill Recognized the Value of the Outdoors