Yamaha Funds First Ever All Kids Bike Program in Santa Barbara Bringing Cycling to Kindergarten PE Class
Ride Santa Barbara 100 (RideSB100), the premier cycling event on the American Riviera, is announcing its 2021 e-Bike class presented by Yamaha Bicycles.
As part of the Yamaha Bicycles sponsorship, Yamaha is funding the activation of an All Kids Bike program in Santa Barbara. All Kids Bike is a national movement with a mission to teach every child in America how to ride a bike in kindergarten PE class. Already in more than 350 schools nationwide, this will be the first All Kids Bike activation in Santa Barbara.
“Thanks to Yamaha and all of the RideSB100 participants, we’re able to help fund the next generation of cyclists right here in Santa Barbara,” said Jamie Monroe, RideSB100 director and owner of Easy Day Sports. “This is a special year for our event. Our 10th anniversary, and likely a sell-out field of riders eager to get back to the premier cycling experience in Central California.”
Main components of the Yamaha sponsorship include:
- Yamaha Bicycles demos at the RideSB100 expo, including a limited number of bikes available for riders to take on one of the courses. (First come, first serve. Contact email@example.com if you’re interested.)
- Yamaha Bicycles will cover the cost of RideSB100 entry for anyone who owns a Yamaha Power Assist Bicycle and rides it during the event. (Qualified riders must check in at the Yamaha booth at the expo to receive a gift card reimbursement for their entry fee.)
- Yamaha Bicycles is the presenting sponsor of the RideSB100 e-Bike class. All categories are open to e-Bike riders, however the Gibraltar Challenge is not included.
- Yamaha Bicycles is funding the All Kids Bike program activation at a school in Santa Barbara. (School to be determined.) The All Kids Bike donation includes an eight-lesson Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Curriculum, teacher training and certification, 25 Balance Bikes, helmets, pedal conversion kits and a five-year support plan. All at zero cost to the school, thanks to Yamaha and RideSB100.
Named “One of 9 American Centuries to Master” by Outside magazine, RideSB100 delivers one of the most scenic, challenging and fun cycling experiences in the country, and is also the only major cycling event that starts and finishes at the famous Leadbetter Beach in Santa Barbara, California. The event’s beachfront expo provides a spectacular setting for riders, friends, and family to gather in celebration of the ride, with food, beer gardens and sponsor booths over two days.
RideSB100 features four routes catering to riders of varying skill and experience levels including:
- 100-mile: An advanced ride featuring the Gibraltar Challenge, a grueling 3,000-foot climb in just 7-miles.
- 100-km + Gibraltar: For experienced riders who want to tackle the famous Gibraltar Challenge.
- 100-km: A challenging cycling experience featuring coastal and mountain roads.
- 34-mile: A fun and scenic course for casual riders and weekend warriors.
Additional categories for teams, tandems, e-Bikes (Class 1 and 3) and virtual riders are also included for 2021.
Yamaha Bicycles has a number of road bike options including the Civante Class 3 drop bar road bike, the UrbanRushClass 1 drop bar road bike, and Wabash Class 1 adventure gravel e-Bike.
Registration is open at www.RideSB100.com. Follow the RideSB100 at www.facebook.com/RideSB100, www.instagram.com/RideSB100, and www.twitter.com/RideSB100 #RideSB100
Follow Yamaha Bicycles at www.YamahaBicycles.com, https://www.facebook.com/YamahaBicycles, https://www.instagram.com/YamahaBicycles/, and https://twitter.com/YamahaBicycles. #YamahaBicycles
About Yamaha Bicycles
Yamaha is the pioneering leader in e-Bikes, having launched the world’s first electrically power assisted bicycle in 1993, and is the only manufacturer with 27-years of experience designing complete e-Bikes from frame to drive unit.
Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles is part of the Smart Power Vehicle Division of Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA. The Yamaha Bicycles lineup includes a variety of power assist bicycles for fitness, fun, commuting and serious recreation. View Yamaha’s full line of Power Assist Bicycles at www.YamahaBicycles.com and find a local retailer at Yamaha’s dealer locator.
About All Kids Bike
All Kids Bike is a national movement led by the nonprofit Strider Education Foundation to place Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Programs into public schools for free using donations from individuals, businesses and organizations. One of the key goals of the organization is to make riding a bicycle the fourth “R” of elementary education along with reading, writing and arithmetic. The ability to ride improves a life greatly while developing balance, mobility, safety, environmental awareness and facilitating exercise. It instills confidence in the classroom, home and community. As of September 15, 2021, the All Kids Bike Kindergarten PE Program is running in 348 schools in 43 states, impacting 58,934 students this year.
About Ride Santa Barbara 100
The Ride Santa Barbara 100 features four routes starting from Santa Barbara’s famous Leadbetter Beach and traveling through the beautiful Southern California coastal mountains. This world-class cycling event is designed to be a challenging and fun experience that riders will never forget. The RideSB100 is owned and produced by Easy Day Sports and promoted by SPEC PR. The event is scheduled for October 23, 2021. Register at RideSB100.com.
# # #