Ultimate Direction Announces its 2022 Athlete Team Roster
The self-propelled team expands to include athletes from a variety of running disciplines
BOULDER – May 12, 2022 – Ultimate Direction, creator of innovative products that help support self-propelled athletes at all stages of skill find their stride and improve performance, is pleased to announce its 2022 athlete team roster. Celebrating the unique pursuits and interests in the sport of running and fastpacking, the brand has selected 40 athletes who are committed to living life with play and passion while exemplifying dedication to their individual sports and communities.
“We are grateful to have such a dedicated roster of athletes, not only to their athletic endeavors but to the communities they are creating,” shares Mitch Holdsworth, Ultimate Direction’s Athlete Manager. “Ultimate Direction is committed to building a strong relationship with our athletes – accentuating their stories, sharing adventures, growing the sport, and helping spearhead product development. Check out the impressive and ambitious race schedule below!”
The 2022 Ultimate Direction team brings together some of the world’s most devoted and inspiring athletes and community builders. A sampling of the 2022 #UltimateDirection #SelfPropelled athlete team roster, discipline, and notable races for 2022 include:
- Ryan Montgomery, Ultrarunner, WSER, UTMB, LGBTQ & Ally Running Expedition.
- Adrian MacDonald, Ultrarunner, Leadville 100, Cirque Series.
- Dani Moreno, Trail runner, Mont Blanc Marathon, UTMB OCC.
- Rod Farvard, Ultrarunner, Canyons 100K, Speedgoat 50k, UTMB.
- Scott Mehring, Trail runner, Rattler 25k, Collegiate Peaks 50.
- Faye Baldock, Ultrarunner, Fat Dog 120.
- Cameron James, OCR, Toughest Elite Stockholm, OCR World Championships.
Notable Returning Athletes:
- Kelly Wolf, Ultrarunner, Madeira Island Ultra, Lavaredo 80K, CCC 100k.
- Amelia Boone, Ultrarunner & OCR, new Ultimate Direction TrailPro Collection line launching in spring of 2022.
- Grayson Murphy, Trail/road/track runner, WMRA World Championship.
- Nicole Bitter, Ultrarunner, Black Canyons 100K, Javelina Jundred.
- Sandi Nypaver, Ultrarunner, Behind the Rocks 50K (2nd F), Canyons 100k, CCC 100K.
- Jacky Hunt-Broersma, Ultrarunner, attempting 100 marathons in 100 days on a prosthetic (https://www.gofundme.com/f/100-marathons-in-100-days).
- Jen Segger, FKTs & adventurer, owner of Run BC Adventures.
- Jason Schlarb, Mountain runner, Canyons 100K, Eiger 101K, UTMB.
- John Kelly, Ultrarunner & FKTs, Barkley Marathons, Wainwrights, Hardrock, CIM.
- Zach Bitter, Ultrarunner, Speed Project, Brazos Bend 50 Mile, 6 Days in the Dome 100 mile / 12-hour record.
- Joseph Gray, Adventure, WMRA World Championship, GoPro Games, Mt. Elbert FKT.
- Karel Sabbe, Ultrarunner, last standing at Barkley Marathons 2022.
You can find the 2022 Ultimate Direction athlete team roster in its entirety here. Throughout the year, Ultimate Direction will be highlighting each athlete’s individual journey and contributions to their sport and community.
“I am proud and honored to start this ninth year working with Ultimate Direction,” said Jason Schlarb, 2022 returning athlete. I’m so incredibly impressed to see how the brand has continued to lead the world in adventure running equipment and I’m so excited to be a big part in bringing apparel to the next level in the run space. I love the ‘designed by athletes for athletes’ mission!”
“Ultimate Direction is excited and honored to be working with the best athletes on the planet in a variety of endurance disciplines. We passionately believe that listening to their expertise and having it guide our product development across all product categories makes us the market leader. We will continue to follow this path and engage with these incredible athlete team members to continue to develop the best products, stay on the cutting edge, and remain invested in the community,” noted Jeff Wagner, Ultimate Direction’s Brand Director.
About Ultimate Direction
In 1985 Ultimate Direction invented the first waist pack for carrying bottles. A few years later they designed the first hand-held water bottle carrier and numerous innovations defining the hydration pack category for endurance and every-day athletes. 30 years later the brand remains credible and critical to the world’s most passionate athletes. Ultimate Direction is headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado. Visit www.ultimatedirection.com.