BOULDER, Colo. (Sept. 1, 2021) – Matador Travel Equipment, the award-winning producer of high-performance travel equipment, today introduced five new products to its Advanced Series, a collection of the brand’s most ultralight, compact, weatherproof travel bags. The launch includes significant updates to several of Matador’s award-winning products, as well as brand-new product releases. The Matador Advanced Series features cutting-edge materials, proprietary coatings, and efficient designs for an ideal balance of performance, packability and durability.
“Travel is finally coming back and we have the products you need for your first foray back out there,” said Chris Clearman, Founder and CEO of Matador. “We’ve updated the Advanced Series with the latest industry-leading materials and technology, offering packable products that perform at an elite level.”
The new Advanced Series products feature high-wear panels reinforced with UHMWPE (ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene), which delivers an exceptionally high strength-to-weight ratio. Because of its molecular makeup, UHMWPE-reinforced fibers have a strength-to-weight ratio that is seven times stronger than structural steel and three-to-four times stronger than traditional nylon fibers, offering a nearly infallible ripstop effect. The fabric has additionally been treated with a UTS coating for added weatherproofing and durability.
The new Advanced Series lineup includes:
- Freerain28 Waterproof Packable Backpack – A fully waterproof, 28-liter pack, with alpine-ready features such as hydration compatibility, gear loops, shockcord captures for tools, a pocketed hip belt, a sternum strap, and weight-distributing shoulder straps. A roll-top closure yields a fully waterproof main compartment, and the pack can be stowed in the included mesh compression sack for compact travel.
- Freerain22 Waterproof Packable Backpack – A fully waterproof, 22-liter pack, with alpine-ready features such as oversized water bottle pockets, gear loops, shockcord captures for tools, a sternum strap, a removeable hip belt, and weight-distributing shoulder straps. A roll-top closure yields a fully waterproof main compartment, and the pack can be stowed in the included mesh compression sack for compact travel.
- Freefly16 Packable Backpack (updated) – A weatherproof daypack that compresses for travel, with alpine-ready features such as gear loops, a shockcord capture for tools, buckle compression straps, a sternum strap, and weight-distributing shoulder straps. Sealed seams and sealing zippers yield a weatherproof design, and the pack can be stowed in the included mesh compression sack for compact travel.
- Freefly Packable Duffle – A weatherproof, 30-liter duffle bag with features such as an extra-long main compartment zipper, front and back pockets for added organization options, an adjustable shoulder strap, multiple grab handles, and buckle-closure compression straps that can be configured into a backpack carry or secured to cargo racks. The bag can be stowed in an inverted front pocket or compressed further into the included mesh compression sack.
- Freerain Waterproof Packable Hip Pack – A fully waterproof, hands-free place to keep valuables close by and protected from the elements. The Hip Pack features an adjustable belt for carrying on-waist or cross-body as a sling. The main compartment features an integrated zipper for fast access, along with a roll-top closure for full waterproofing. The pack can be stowed in an inverted front pocket or compressed into the included mesh compression sack.
“The use cases for the Advanced Series are endless – summit bags for expeditions, daypacks for adventure travel, or even just housing souvenirs if you bring home more than you arrived with,” continued Clearman. “Not matter what adventures you have planned, you can trust that the Advanced Series will handle the most rugged of elements.”
The Matador Freerain28 (MSRP: $124.99), Freerain22 (MSRP: $99.99), Freefly16 (MSRP: $79.99), Freefly Duffle (MSRP: $84.99), and Freerain Hip Pack (MSRP: $59.99) are available now at select retailers and online at https://www.matadorup.com/.
About Matador Travel Equipment
Matador designs high-performance travel equipment designed for objective-based travel. The team’s strengths in design, material technology, and construction give them an edge in developing innovative products that bring outdoor expertise to the pursuit of travel. For more information about Matador, visit www.MatadorUp.com.