La Sportiva, makers of the world’s finest mountain footwear, today announces their running and hiking product offerings for the spring and summer of 2023. Trail running and hiking continue to boom in the United States, and the new Jackal II is designed to inspire runners with a significantly reduced weight, roomy toe-box, and a redesigned heel. The Italian brand is releasing several new running and hiking models for spring/summer 2023 and unveiling a new environmentally friendly apparel line that offers a variety of attractive colorways and silhouettes.
Featuring a wide toe-box and a well-cushioned midsole, the revamped Jackal II is the perfect companion for every run, no matter the distance or terrain. “Ultra-Running is growing at a rapid rate, and the new Jackal II is designed to meet the needs of novice and elite ultrarunners alike.” Says Jonathan Lantz, President of La Sportiva North America. “This version comes equipped with a new lightweight upper made from eco-friendly materials that allow the shoe to be nearly an ounce lighter than its predecessor. In addition, we use an innovative midsole in the Jackal II that combines Infinitoo™ Polyurethane inserts with compressed EVA to create a soft yet responsive ride that helps to power trail runners over any type of terrain or distance.”
Jackal II Features
- Infinitoo™ polyurethane inserts in the heel and forefoot increase the responsiveness of the midsole and help to give the shoe more stability in uneven terrain.
- Eco-friendly upper with a thin and highly breathable recycled fabric is paired with a dynamic lacing system to allow the shoe to accommodate a wide variety of foot shapes.
- Frixion AT 2.0 rubber compound with impact brake system offers excellent traction in a wide variety of terrain, from muddy singletrack to rocky alpine terrain.
- A redesigned heel allows for a more comfortable and secure fit.
- The men’s Jackal II weighs just 9.7 ounces, and the women’s version comes in at a mere 8.6 ounces.
- MSRP $165
The $185 Jackal II Boa shares the same midsole and outsole as the Jackall II, but features innovative technology from BOA to create a dynamic fit system. The Double BOA on this model allows for quick adjustments to the heel and forefoot so that runners can ensure that they have a secure connection to the shoe when entering technical terrain. The Spiyralift tongue and collar cradle the ankle, providing increased proprioception and protection in demanding terrain.
The hiking collection sees an exciting new addition with the TX Hike Mid Leather GTX. This premium technical boot combines the support of a hiking boot with the agility of an approach shoe to create a fantastic all-around boot that is perfect for rugged trails or long days of city sightseeing. Environmentally friendly materials define this carefully crafted boot, with a recycled collar lining, a Bluesign certified Gore-Tex membrane with recycled content, and a Vibram Ecostep Evo outsole with 30% recycled content.
TX Hike Mid Leather GTX Features
- Leather treated using a process that is 100% PFC-free.
- Recycled nylon webbing and laces.
- Comfort fit last is made to accommodate wider feet with extra volume in the forefoot to provide all-day comfort.
- A supportive lacing harness inspired by the Trango Tech Mountaineering boot helps ensure that the shoe is stable and precise in challenging terrain.
- The TX Hike Mid Leather GTX is available for men and women and retails for $199.
La Sportiva’s spring apparel line utilizes new eco-friendly materials that accent the functional design of these products. The $49 Tracer T-shirt and $45 Tracer Tank for men and women feature innovative S.Café yarn and Bluesign approved materials to create lightweight breathable pieces that are perfect for hiking and trail running. S.Café is an environmentally friendly yarn made from a combination of used coffee grounds and polyester. This material is made using a low-temperature energy saving process that combines coffee grounds with a polyester yarn surface, changing the properties of the filament and making the fabric quick drying, odor resistant and protective from UV rays.
Fully waterproof and extremely lightweight, the 6.8 ounce Pocketshell Jacket is a featherweight rain jacket made from environmentally friendly materials that is compact enough to use for racing or fast missions in the mountains. Recycled and Bluesign fabrics make up the 2.5L fabric that features a waterproof rating of 20,000MM and 15,000 G/M2/24H breathability. The Pocketshell comes in at just 6.8 ounces and uses a PFC water repellent coating. This lightweight offering for men and women has an MSRP of $159.
The new collection will be available at fine specialty retailers across the country and at www.sportiva.com in the spring of 2023. Select samples for media will be available prior to the release of the line. Contact La Sportiva PR representative Sean Van Horn at email@example.com or Cory Lowe at Cory.Lowe@backbone.media for more information.
With over 90 years of heritage, La Sportiva has unrivaled experience in building the world’s finest performance mountain footwear. Creating innovation through passion, La Sportiva now offers the most versatile technical climbing, mountaineering, Mountain Running® and hiking shoes on the market as well as ski mountaineering hardware and apparel. For more information on La Sportiva visit www.sportiva.com or visit their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LaSportiva.