LOS ANGELES (May 24, 2022) — Dakine, the trusted name in purpose-built gear for outdoor adventure, is pleased to announce a new partnership with 1% for the Planet, a global leader in supporting environmental solutions through strategic action. As a partner, Dakine.com pledges to donate 1% of gross ecomm sales each year to select environmental nonprofit partners with strategic guidance from the 1% team. This new partnership aligns with Dakine’s commitment to respecting and taking care of the mountains and ocean.
“Dakine and 1% for the Planet align on a fundamental value–to share in the responsibility to protect our planet,” says Dakine Sr. Brand Director, Colleen Quigley. “Dakine’s commitment is to respect the places we play in by reducing our impact through how we create product and do business, and in that, working to ensure that the mountains and oceans are preserved and protected for future generations. Forming this partnership with 1% for the Planet is a natural next step in our ongoing sustainability efforts.”
In addition to this new partnership, Dakine has also launched an updated sustainability landing page on its website which outlines the brands’ sustainability initiatives and commitments. Built around Dakine’s commitment to build trusted products while reducing the impact those products have on the environment, the landing page covers actions taken across several categories, including recyclable textiles, durability, materials, manufacturing, packaging, partners and more. Actions taken include:
- Using 100% recycled and bluesign© approved main materials in the construction of its snow, bike and travel bag product lines.
- Launching Re-PSYCHED technology that introduces the Sender jacket and pants, the brands first outerwear set designed to be recycled.
- Introducing its first GORE-TEX PFC-free mitt this winter as part of an overall shift to recycled PET materials and PFC-free waterproof technology.
- Using 100% biodegradable Friendly Foam materials in the construction of surf traction.
- Partnering with responsible manufacturing and distribution partners with solar powered and WRAP certified factories.
- Incorporating biodegradable poly bags to ship all apparel beginning spring 2022.
Dakine’s sustainability page is now live at www.dakine.com/pages/sustainability. For media inquiries about Dakine and the new 1% for the Planet partnership, please email Account Manager Corinne Baud at email@example.com.
Founded in Hawaii in 1979, Dakine creates trusted packs and bags, accessories, apparel, and outerwear for people who love to surf, snowboard, mountain bike, ski, windsurf, kiteboard and travel. For more information, please visit https://www.dakine.com/
970-924-0704, ext. 2109