The diverse lineup will help promote the brand in a variety of spaces across the world
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. – Big Agnes, the Steamboat-Springs-based outdoor equipment brand, is excited to announce its team of ambassadors for 2023. The group of ten adventurers embody the brand’s ethos and will be representing Big Agnes across the globe this year.
“We are excited to have such an amazing group of ambassadors who will represent Big Agnes in 2023,” said Bill Gamber, co-founder and president of Big Agnes. “These individuals are not only talented athletes but also great human beings who care about the environment and the community. We are proud to support them in their endeavors and share their stories with our customers.”
The ambassador team will be tackling a multitude of adventures this year – from paragliding in Nepal and climbing Orizaba to hosting bikepacking trips for Navajo youth and community on ancestral lands.
The 2023 Big Agnes ambassadors include:
- Ann Driggers – Originally from the UK, Driggers is a weekend warrior and backcountry bon vivant who lives to hike, ski, and paddle but mostly bikepack in the mountains of western Colorado.
- Ben Weaver – A songwriter and poet who travels by bicycle, Weaver uses music and poetry to strengthen relationships and culture between humans and their local ecosystems.
- Cherrise Tuttle – An avid adventurer who has spent the better part of her life living in the mountains with her wolf dog, Astro, as her main adventure companion. Tuttle prioritizes projects with social and environmental impact and currently sits on the board of The Cloudbase Foundation, a global nonprofit dedicated to social entrepreneurship and humanitarian projects.
- Erick Cedeño – Known as the Bicycle Nomad, Cedeño is an explorer and historian. Recently inducted into the 2022 class of The Explorers Club 50, Cedeño is recognized as one of the year’s 50 explorers changing the world who the world needs to know about.
- Jalen Bazile – An outdoor facilitator, organizer, and outdoorsman, dedicated to creating spaces that welcome and affirm Black, Indigenous, and People of Color in the outdoors. Bazile is the founder of Travl Wide, a bikepacking outfitter, helping people develop relationships with themselves, their community, and the land around them.
- Jon Yazzie – A full-blooded Dine (Navajo) and aspiring adventure cyclist, Yazzie runs tours through his company Dzil Ta’ah Adventures, providing backcountry cultural experiences through bikepacking and raft-packing, with a focus on mentoring Navajo youth and community engagement.
- Justin Reiter – A retired professional snowboarder, an Olympian, a World Cup Champion, a Vice World Champion, and a ten-time National Champion. Reiter chooses to inspire others in their pursuits of excellence, and he continues his adventurous life in the woods, on his snowboard, and in the saddle all over the world.
- Rebecca Rusch – A multi-decade, multi-sport, seven-time world champion, Mountain Bike and Gravel Hall of Fame inductee, and professional athlete – with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Rusch’s grit, determination, and perseverance have earned her the moniker “Queen of Pain” for a reason.
- Tommy Danger – Danger runs a nonprofit called More Than Just Me, which uses an array of adventures to drive awareness to causes around the world. In his current project, More Than Just Mountains, Danger is climbing the Seven Summits to shine a light on Cystic Fibrosis.
- Trevor Hahn – A dad, artist and outdoor enthusiast on a journey reaching into the unknown with every sense except sight. Hahn strives to be an inclusion advocate, finding purpose in collaborating with others facing barriers to explore.
For more information on Big Agnes’ ambassador program, see www.bigagnes.com/pages/ambassadors.
About Big Agnes: Named for a peak in the nearby Mt. Zirkel Wilderness, Big Agnes®, Inc. is located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and celebrated its 20th Anniversary in 2021. The company produces award-winning sleeping bags, pads, tents, packs, insulated apparel, camp furniture and now backpacks. For more information, visit www.bigagnes.com or call 1-877-554-8975.