Arc’teryx Equipment, the global design company specializing in technical high-performance apparel and equipment, has opened a hybrid retail brand store and ReBIRD™ Service Center – the largest yet of its kind – in Boulder, Colorado. Situated on historic Pearl Street, the store will act as a hub for the mountain athlete and community in Arc’teryx’s first foray into the city.
Arc’teryx’s second US and third global ReBIRD™ Service Center, the Boulder Service Center is the brand’s largest physical commitment yet to circularity. A hub for the ReBIRD™ program’s three pillars of upcycling, resale and care and repair, the Service Center offers a full suite of circular services, including complimentary on-site product assessment, care, education, repairs, GORE wash and re-waterproofing on-site. Following this launch, Arc’teryx has further ReBIRD™ expansion in the pipeline, with Service Center openings planned for Tokyo Marunouchi, Beijing, and Vancouver’s Kitsilano neighborhood before the end of 2022.
“Arc’teryx’s ReBIRD™ platform encourages clients to wear their gear for as long as humanly possible. Our first two Service Centers – in the New York City Broadway and Toronto Eaton Centre locations – have both been incredible success stories for the brand,” said Dominique Showers, VP ReBIRD™, Arc’teryx. “The teams have been able to resolve the majority of repair needs on-site for guests and educate them on how best to care for their gear to give it the longest life possible. Our largest Service Center yet, the Boulder location also offers a GORE washing station – allowing us to provide the simplest but most effective service to help keep the piece in play.”
ReBIRD™ services offered will include:
- Product assessment: in-store after-sales assessment, including GORE-TEX leak testing.
- In-store washing: technical wash and DWR-reapplication.
- In-store care & education: hands-on education about product care.
- In-store repair: zipper repair services including slider, pull cord, pull and bottom box replacement; cord ends, cord locks, and buckle replacement; as well as adhesive patches and heat pressed internal patches.
- Expert repair: colour choices are offered for GORE-TEX fabric replacement or full zipper replacement for repairs offsite.
The second Arc’teryx store in Colorado, the Boulder opening also acts as a hub for the local community, connecting likeminded people through events including climbing gym nights, film screenings and group runs.
“Community is at the heart of our retail strategy, and we’re excited to become part of the Boulder community,” said Stephanie Jamieson, Director of North America Community. “We’ve seen major growth in our community experiences across North America over the past few years, from trail running clinics, to climbing events, to film screenings and ReBIRD™ gear care education. There’s been a huge demand for the brand from the Boulder area, via .com, partner retailers and also from ambassadors. This felt like the right time to bring our brand to the community.”
The Boulder Store grand opening will take place on Saturday September 17.
Arc’teryx Boulder by numbers:
- 4,768 sq ft store size including 400 sq ft ReBIRD™ Service Center
- 24th retail store in the US
- Second ReBIRD™ Service Center in the US, third and largest Service Center globally
- First brand store in Boulder, CO and second in CO, with two further stores planned to open in the state by the end of 2022.
- Address: Suite 100 – 1600 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80302
ReBIRD™ is an organization-wide commitment to shift away from a take-make-waste economy by continuously seeking to adopt and evolve a circular way of operating. It also contributes to the brand’s Science-Based Targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 65% by 2030.
Arc’teryx is a Canadian company based in the Coast Mountains. Our design process is connected to the real world, focused on delivering durable, unrivaled performance. Our products are distributed through more than 2,400 retail locations worldwide, including over 160 branded stores. We are problem solvers, always evolving and searching for a better way to deliver resolved, minimalist designs. Good design that matters makes lives better.