Outdoor Retailer Comes To Denver
Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) is looking forward to having Outdoor Retailer (OR) in our home state. Outdoor recreation is a huge economic force in the state of Colorado, generating $28 billion in consumer spending annually and a whopping 229,000 jobs. Colorado’s elected officials have shown significant leadership in promoting policies that ensure the outdoor recreation economy continues to thrive.
—Amy Roberts, OIA Executive Director
Here’s what OIA members need to know.
All The News That’s Fit To Print
As outlined in this official press release from Outdoor Retailer, the selection of Denver as the new host city for the trade show reflects:
- The outdoor industry’s collective desire to do business in and with a city and state that values and invests in outdoor recreation and that will work collaboratively with our businesses to evolve in tandem with the changing retail and consumer landscape.
- A recognition of Colorado’s vast and powerful outdoor recreation economy and its policymakers’ and citizens’ commitment to public lands—the backbone of our industry
- A commitment to expand the event beyond its important and core purpose of retail purchase transactions into a into a global gathering for thought leaders in everything from commerce to supply chains, from consumer trends to public policy.
Read the full press release here.
This Was a Business Decision: A Letter to OIA Members
Today’s announcement is the latest development in more than two years of collaborative work between OIA, Outdoor Retailer and key stakeholders to ensure that our industry gathering evolves to deliver the highest return on investment to OIA members. What does that look like for OIA Members? Click to read more from OIA Executive Director Amy Roberts.
OIA Is Committed to Making the Move As Seamless As Possible
We are continuing to work with our partners at Outdoor Retailer, Visit Denver, Grassroots Outdoor Alliance and GOCO on the logistics of the move and details about the 2018 shows. We will keep you informed as new details and information are available.
In the meantime, here are 6 ways we’re easing the costs associated with moving from Salt Lake City to Denver. OIA members who attend the show will receive:
- OIA members will receive a minimum of 27% off their booth space price at Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show in January 2018. Get in touch and we’ll get you set up with your discounted rate.
- 10% off Mackenzie EXHIBIT design services
- 10% off Freeman furnishing services.
- Up to 75% off UPS select services.
- At least 75% off YRC qualifying shipments.
- Significant cost savings on Avis or Budget car rentals
Interested in any of these discounts? Have questions? Drop us a line
OIA Is Here To Help
As always, we are here to support you, our members, as you navigate the business of outdoor retail. Please reach out to us with any questions about the trade show move or the upcoming industry trade shows. We’re your outdoor industry partner, use us as a resource to get more information. Our partners at Outdoor Retailer can provide more insight into how and why
Denver was selected as the new host city. You can find answers to many of your questions here: Q&A with Marisa Nichols Show Director of Outdoor Retailer
Colorado is an outdoor recreation powerhouse
Become A Member
As an OIA member, you have access to tools and resources to help you and your company thrive. Take advantage of networking events, education opportunities, research reports, case studies, business savings and brand recognition opportunities. Most important, become part of a community of peers who want to share in each other’s successes.