- Four board meetings per year: January at ORWM, spring (location TBD), August at ORSM, fall (location TBD)
- Attendance at OIA events: Capitol Summit – spring, OIA events at Outdoor Retailer
- Participation in up to eight monthly one-hour committee calls annually
- Potential commitment of two three-year terms
In addition to the four board meetings, there are up to eight monthly one-hour committee calls annually. The various committees have fluctuating needs and timelines. For example, the Audit and Finance Committee may be more active during the late summer and fall during budgeting and planning; the Nominating and Governance Committee requires more activity in the spring when we seek and assess candidates for potential board service; and the Government Affairs and Corporate Responsibilities Committee will sometimes require attendance at related advisory group meetings.
- Expenses for travel, lodging, and miscellaneous expenses associated with OIA events/meetings are generally the responsibility of the board member, however, a travel stipend of $1,000 will be provided upon request for each board meeting that does not occur in conjunction with Outdoor Retailer. Download OIA’s Travel Reimbursement Policy here.