OIA Roadshow 2016
In January 2016, we sent our community and social media coordinator, Katie Boué, out on the road to visit member companies, host networking happy hours and document outdoor industry culture across the country. The beta roadshow visited Asheville, Chattanooga, and Buena Vista–and in June 2016, we’re taking things to the next level with the #OIAroadshow West Coast Tour. We’ve partnered with Campervan North America to explore the country in a retrofitted van built for adventure.
Over two dozen cities, ﬁve happy hours, and 6,000 miles of road travel.
Come Join Us on the Road
June 4–20 – SoCal • San Diego • LA • Santa Barbara
June 21–July 6 – Bay Area • San Luis Obispo • Tahoe • Yosemite
July 7–31 – Reno • NV/UT National Parks • Moab • SW Colorado
August 1–15 – Salt Lake City • Outdoor Retailer Summer Market
August 16–September 10 – Bend • Eugene • Portland • Seattle • Vancouver
September 11–18 – Spokane • Missoula • Bozeman • Jackson • Lander
September 19–30 – Front Range • OIA Rendezvous 2016
Want to get roadshow updates when we roll through your town? Sign up here.
Sustainability Happy Hours
Join us for ﬁve sustainability happy hours throughout the #OIARoadshow West Coast Tour. These mixers will convene local outdoor communities and celebrate the industry’s commitment to sustainability through the Higg Index. We’ll be networking with industry colleagues, hosting gear giveaways to beneﬁt Parks4Kids, and enjoying refreshments (read: beer) at each event.
- June 15th | Carlsbad, CA | hosted by prAna | RSVP here
- June 16th | Santa Barbara, CA | hosted by Toad & Co.
- August 23rd | Portland, OR | hosted by The Renewal Workshop
- August 31st | Seattle, WA | hosted by REI
- September 30 | Boulder, CO | hosted by OIA
Happy hours sponsored by:
Follow the roadshow on social media:
- Be sure you’re connected with OIA on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Explore the #OIAroadshow hashtag on Instagram and Twitter.
- Take a dive into our OIA Roadshow photo albums, including photo albums from our tour of Buena Vista with Luis Benitez, the happy hour we hosted in Chattanooga, and our visit to the Farm-to-Feet facility in North Carolina.
Want to Get Involved?
If you’re interested in getting your brand involved with the OIA Roadshow, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Whether you want to give us a tour of your facility, support the tour through sponsorship, show Katie the best outdoor spots around town or meet up to learn more about maximizing your OIA membership, this roadshow is all about you, the OIA member.
Does your outdoor brand want to support the OIA Roadshow on a deeper level? Find out about sponsorship opportunities here.