Exploring how outdoor industry brands and suppliers can work together to reduce emissions across global supply chains and take advantage of low-carbon opportunities
As we build out the OIA climate toolkit, we are exploring new and existing projects and programs around renewable energy procurement and carbon reduction to help support outdoor industry companies with their climate strategies and goals. This session will provide a brief overview of the OIA climate program followed by presentations of potential programs designed to help support scope 3 reduction efforts. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss industry needs, review existing programs, and discuss which programs and projects (whether existing or new) will help support industry and company efforts to reduce emissions.
If you are planning to attend this meeting, we strongly suggest attending the upcoming June 14 webinar, Tackling Carbon Reduction in the Outdoor Industry – Clean by Design, NRDC.
- Introduction (Nikki, 5-10 min): Background of climate work/challenges for small biz, project updates (Toolkit, Getting Started Guide, Events and Meetings, Climate Discussion Group)
- Potential Programs/Projects (40 min)
- NRDC Clean by Design
- The Renewable Thermal Collaborative
- Higg FEM – Baseline vs Impact Reduction Goals
- Other? Discussion topic
- Wrap-Up and Next Steps (5-10 min)