COVID-19 Resources for your employees
We know that your top priority is the physical and mental health of your employees, and that you are also navigating questions about how to maintain your company’s viability. The following resources provide guidance about things such as instituting work-from-home policies, communicating with your internal and external stakeholders, strategies for shifting your operations and resources to protect your business viability, financial guidance from the IRS and labor guidance from the Employers Council.
- Just What the Doctor Ordered: Employer Guidance for Responding to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Is Your Facility Ready for COVID-19?
- IRS Issues Guidance on COVID-19: Coverage for High Deductible Health Plans
- Employers Council Hot Topics Special Edition: Coronavirus – COVID-19
- COVID-19 Update: Colorado HELP Rules, Arizona and Utah Declare States of Emergency
- DOL Answers Questions on FLSA Compliance During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Pay rules under the Fair Labor Standards Act apply and include teleworkers.
- States May Expand Jobless Benefits During Pandemic
Coronavirus prompts DOL to issue flexible unemployment insurance guidance.
- Let’s Learn to Love Remote Work the Hard Way
If your organization was a straggler on the whole remote work concept, you might feel like, after the last couple of weeks, you’ve essentially been thrown into a style of work you weren’t particularly looking to embrace. But perhaps there is a bright side here—a potential for future flexibility.
- Thinking of Bringing Slack to Your Workplace? Consider These Tips First.
Slack is hugely popular in workplaces around the country for facilitating team collaboration, but a bad implementation can create management problems. Read on for some tips on how to use it right.
- SHRM PODCAST: Mari Anne Snow on Remote Work During COVID-19
- Coronavirus and Teleworking: Tips for Preparing Your Workforce
- Employers Tips for Telework
- How to Get Help Paying Your Mortgage, Credit-Card Bills and Student Loans if Your Laid Off Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Americans can take money out of their retirement accounts penalty-free during the coronavirus pandemic
- NPR: Details of the Coronavirus Relief Bill, The CARES Act
- Unemployment Insurance Provisions in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act